May 18th! Everybody’s Favorite Day! Opening Day of the 2019 Market Season!
Opening Day 2019
Saturday May 18th 9am-Noon
The market is one of my favorite things about La Grande. Farm fresh produce, plants, sauces, baked goods plus live music and lots of smiling faces. ~Kelly Belton Ducote
Quality fresh produce, great live music, a really sociable time carousing amongst the booths/vendors--visiting with the locals & meeting new friends and all that good stuff! ~Jeni Kaybee
Tuesday, March 5, 2019
6:00 PM 8:00 PM
Cook Memorial Library (map)
Are you interested in becoming a vendor for the La Grande Farmers Market? Wanting more information? Curious on what is required to be a vendor? Then this meeting is for you!
Community Cider Pressing Day! Come on down to the Market and sample heirloom apples and watch an old-fashioned apple pressing. Sample some fresh hot apple cider! Celebrate the Season!
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 22 @ 9am - noon
Is your child creative? The La Grande Farmers Market is looking for kids who want to have a booth and sell their creations on Kids Day There is no fee and tons of fun just waiting to happen!
Free Mini Market for kids! Your kids can shop for free at their own Kids Mini Market!
Kids can sell for free!
For more information, Call 541-418-1126
La Grande Farmers Market seeks new Market Manager.
This is a part-time, year-round, hourly position.
Qualifications: strong work ethic; ability to work independently and with board of directors, vendors and community; strong interpersonal, problem solving, marketing, small business/project management, and supervision skills; ability to accurately track sales and budgets; be entrepreneurial, approachable, and passionate about local agriculture, food, and community. Must have computer skills and be able to work most Tues and Sat markets from May-Oct. The position is dynamic, rewarding and fun! The La Grande Farmers Market is successful, well-run, and growing with a strong community support. We seek a candidate to continue the market’s success and take it to the next level.
For more information and to apply, follow the link below
THE 2nd ANNUAL LA GRANDE FARMERS MARKET SALSA CONTEST!!
Wes Williams Attorney at Law
SATURDAY, AUGUST 25TH SALSA TASTING 9:00-11:00 ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNER AT 11:30 ENTER TO WIN!!
WHERE: Max Square, at La Grande Farmers Market
WHEN: Entries will be accepted between 8:00 and 9:00
- Bring 1 quart of your salsa in a sealable container such as a ball or mason jar or a “Zip lock” type container with a sealable lid.
- Samples of salsa will be tasted and judged, therefore for food safety reasons, all salsa must be made fresh on the day of competition All entries will be kept on ice until judging time
- Limit of 2 salsa entries per contestant, please.
- Judging runs from 9:00- 11:00. Winners announced at 11:30.
- We will have 2 winners! Judges choice and people’s choice: the salsa with the most votes wins!
- To judge, folks will pay $2 for a bowl of chips and a voting card.
- Collect your belongings between noon and 1:00 pm.
- Winners will receive a $50 farmers market gift certificate + a market hat!