Recipe by reformation acres
A hash of spring garden offerings like turnips, radishes, onions, and garlic scapes. Add in some fried eggs and you've got yourself a great breakfast!
- 1 bundle turnips, chopped
- 1 bundle radishes, chopped
- 3 pearl onions, diced
- 1 garlic scape, chopped
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs
- salt and pepper
- a handful of parsley or cilantro, chopped
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil.
- Add a tablespoon of salt to the water and toss in the chopped turnips and radishes.
- Boil them for about 4-5 minutes until they're tender and then drain off the water.
- Add half of the butter to a cast iron skillet and then saute the radishes and turnips for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and onions, a sprinkling of salt and pepper, and continue to saute for another 5 minutes until the roots turn brown and crisp.
- Put the rest of the butter in the skillet and make 3 wells in the vegetables and crack an egg into each well.
- Sprinkle the eggs with salt and pepper and cook them until the whites are set and the yolk is to your desired doneness.
- Garnish with parsley, salt, and pepper.