The La Grande Farmers’ Market seeks a new Market Manager to start mid-September.
This is a part-time position. The position is year-round with the work hours focused in April-October during the market season. Candidates should have strong work ethic and be able to work independently as well as with the board of directors, vendors, customers, and community organizations. We seek a manager with strong interpersonal skills, flexibility and creativity in problem solving, strong marketing skills and experience, and an entrepreneurial approach to operating and growing the market. Other key skills are project and/or small business development and management, employee or volunteer supervision, and the ability to accurately track sales and understand budgets and financial statements. Must be proficient using MS Word, MS Excel, email, and Facebook. Must be able to work most Saturday and Tuesday markets during the market season (mid-May to mid-Oct). Candidates should be approachable and passionate about local agriculture, food, and community. This position is dynamic, rewarding and really fun! The La Grande Farmers’ Market is a successful, well-run, and growing organization with a strong board of directors and vendor base and robust support from customers and the community. We seek a candidate that wants to continue the market’s success and take it to the next level.
Wages and Benefits
Hourly wages $15-$17 depending on experience
Part-time; 0.3 to 0.5 FTE (750+ hours/year)
Performance-based annual bonus available
How to Apply
Please review LGFM Market Manager Job description and follow application instructions below. Send application or inquiries to email@example.com. Position is open until filled, but we hope to fill the position before the end of the market season in October.
La Grande Farmers Market Manager Job Description
Position: La Grande Farmers Market Manager
Organization Mission: The La Grande Farmers Market is a membership organization, with the mission “to enhance the economic sustainability of our region’s farms by providing a venue for the exchange of quality, locally grown goods while creating a vibrant community gathering place.” The market takes place 9:00am-12:00pm Saturdays and 3:30pm-6:00pm Tuesdays at Max Square in downtown La Grande. The market seeks to be welcoming of all shoppers and provides a Double Up Food Bucks program as well as accepting debit and credit cards at the Information Booth.
General Description: The Market Manager, under the supervision of the board of directors, has day-to-day responsibility for the successful operation and growth of the Tuesday and Saturday farmers markets. This is a part time, year-round job. It is expected that the Manager will be at the Market on all market days for the season unless absence is otherwise approved by the board. Other hours are flexible, as required to accomplish the required tasks in a timely manner. Annually, the market is held 22-23 weeks from mid-May to mid-October per the annual market schedule. This position will average 25 hours/week during the market season and 6 hours/week in the off season, for a total of approximately 750 hours/year.
This position is dynamic, rewarding and really fun! The La Grande Farmers’ Market is a successful, well-run, and growing organization with a strong board of directors and vendor base and robust support from customers and the community. We seek a candidate that wants to continue the market’s success and take it to the next level.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Market Operations Management – Manages the assigned market, coordinating and overseeing day-to-day operations in Max Square and on the street. This includes, but is not limited to, organizing music schedule and working with musicians; the assignment of street locations for vendors and community groups; the logistics of setup/break down; the management of the Information Booth including merchandise sales, vendor payments, and SNAP/EBT and credit card transactions; interfacing with the public and the vendors; resolution of conflicts or problems that may arise; and the collection, control and documentation of fees.
2. Vendor Relations – Develops and manages relationships with members/vendors, ensuring timely communications and resolution of issues or problems; monitors merchants operations to ensure compliance with market rules and policies as well as all health department regulations. Solicits additional members as needed and screens new vendor applications. Provides orientation to new vendors and maintains regular contact with vendors. Organizes annual vendor meeting. Completes annual farm visits.
3. Community Relations – Acts as liaison with sponsors, City of La Grande, public works, parks and rec, the library, downtown businesses, and other organizations and entities. This will include working closely with board members to maintain the strong sponsorship base for the market as well as seeking new sponsorship to build revenue during the off season. Maintains excellent relationships with each party to ensure community support for the market.
4. Market Promotion – Interacts with the public at the markets and ensures the Market’s attractiveness and appeal. Develops recommendations to enhance the Market and promotes La Grande Farmers Market in a positive, professional manner. Models and promotes collaborative and respectful communications and relationships. Manages weekly posts to social media outlets, text alerts, and ensures that social media and the website are kept up-to-date. Manage text message alerts. Assist with events and planning. Manages sponsor recognition. Organize poster and flyer creation and distribution.
5. Supervisory Duties – This position may supervise a seasonal Assistant Manager to help with market tasks and provide fill-in capacity at the market, as yearly budgets allow. This position would also be responsible for overseeing the development and supervision of volunteers, if stronger volunteer presence at the market is deemed beneficial by board and staff.
6. Financial Planning & Management – Works with and provides input to the board of directors in annual budget development. Monitors and controls the budget for assigned Markets with the help of board treasurer, chair, and accountant. Manages resources within the constraints of the budget. Keeps excellent, transparent, records of expenses and income and provides monthly reports to the board of directors.
7. Board Duties – This position works in close collaboration with the Board of Directors and organizes and attends monthly board meetings. The manager should prepare an informal market report for each meeting and ensure that the board understands market operations and needs. Performs other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors occasionally.
Experience Desired: Management experience, budget responsibility, operations management and experience working with multiple constituencies/stakeholder groups; experience working with the public, experience in retail and/or other customer service experience preferred.
Additional Qualifications: Strong work ethic and ability to work independently; ability to develop good relationships with board, vendors, volunteers, local businesses, the city, and the public; strong customer service orientation and skills; excellent interpersonal and communications skills, good listener; strong organizing and problem-solving skills; good attention to detail; strong computer and social media skills; strong marketing skills and experience; an entrepreneurial approach to operating and growing the market. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred. An ideal candidate will be flexible, able to think on their feet, and willing to take initiative and ask for help when needed. Must be able to lift 40 pounds, perform some physical tasks, and work outdoors in varying weather conditions; must be alert and at the market site early in the mornings on Saturday Market days.
Preferred Qualification (not required): Ability and willingness to pull a small market trailer containing canopies and market supplies with your own vehicle.
Compensation: Starting wage of $15-$17 per hour with the potential for a small annual bonus depending upon experience and market budget.
Timeline: Start date is flexible, but ideally the candidate will be available to begin Mid-September to allow for a training period with the outgoing market manager, who will stay through the 2018 market season.
Application Instructions: Please submit answers to the below questions in lieu of a cover letter. Submit your written answers as well as a resume and optional marketing work sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled.
1. From what you know about this position, give us specific examples of how your background and work experience make you a strong candidate, including your experience with management and money handling.
2. This position requires working with a broad range of stakeholders. Market vendors, customers, board members, neighboring small businesses, city government, and sponsors each have different needs and concerns the market manager must address. Provide relevant examples of your experience with community building and conflict management.
3. Describe a project, organization, or business that you helped develop. Please describe one or two lessons that you learned in the process and how you will carry these lessons forward as manager of the La Grande Farmers Market.
4. Optional but recommended: Please submit an example (pdf or jpg files only, please) of visual marketing content you have designed and created. A flyer, poster, or social media graphic are all acceptable examples.